Denver Pet Partners (DPP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the Human-Animal Bond to improve quality of life, benefit human-animal interaction and enhance animal-assisted intervention (AAI) services in Colorado. Founded in 2001, DPP is inclusive of animal-assisted intervention (AAI) volunteers, professionals and associated organizations.
To enhance the social, emotional, and physical well-being of children and adults through comforting and supportive interactions with registered therapy animal teams, and to educate the community and inspire others to pursue this form of volunteerism.
To advance the field of animal-assisted services and promote its integration as a vital component of healthcare, education, and social services, improving the well-being of individuals and communities.
- Prioritize the responsible and ethical treatment of our animal partners
- Increase awareness of the positive health effects of animal-assisted interventions (AAI)
- Advance the incorporation of AAI to enhance quality of life
- Foster communication and support among AAI volunteers, professional practitioners, and related associations
- Promote collaboration with other AAI groups and professional Human-Animal Interaction organizations
- Promote the highest professional standards and ethics in the practice of AAI
We insist upon ethical behavior in all things, inspiring trust by saying and doing what we mean and taking responsibility for our actions and the well-being of our animal partners. As representatives of Denver Pet Partners in our community, our words and actions will be above reproach and supportive of the work we do.
We achieve together what none of us could do alone.
We welcome a diverse membership by listening to, supporting, and genuinely caring about one another. We advocate for the safety and well-being of our fellow volunteers, animal partners, and clients.
We uphold the highest of standards by investing in member training and development, and fostering value-driven relationships with our program partners.
Pet Partners Code of Ethics
The honor and credibility of a professional lies in their adherence to an exemplary code of ethics set forth as a guide to the members. The purpose of this code is far-reaching because exemplary professional conduct not only upholds honor and dignity, but also enlarges our sphere of usefulness, exults our social standards, and promotes the science we cultivate.
Pet Partners’ Code of Ethics is intended to be used as a guide for promoting and maintaining the highest standards of ethical behavior. The code applies to all Animal-Assisted Therapy/Animal-Assisted Activities personnel, whether volunteer or professional. Acceptance of membership in Pet Partners implies adherence to these principles.
- Perform duties that are consistent with your position and training.
- Abide by the professional ethics of your profession and organizations.
- Demonstrate a belief in and attitude of reverence for all life.
- At all times, treat all animals, all people and the environment with respect, dignity and sensitivity, maintaining the quality of life and experience for all who are involved.
- Be informed and educated about the aspects and issues that are related to AAI.
- Demonstrate commitment, responsibility and honesty in all phases of your activities.
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws and Pet Partners policies that govern AAI.