DPP offers a caring, supportive community along with many other benefits, including:
- A discounted registration fee with Pet Partners – $50 instead of $95 (to receive this discount you must become a DPP member prior to registering with Pet Partners). Pet Partners does offer a discounted registration rate of $50 to those who have a disability, are over 55, or are in the military. This discounted rate is not discounted further if you join DPP.
- An additional $1 million dollars of liability insurance.
- DPP polo and one animal vest (for registered PP visiting teams)
- Individual consultation and shadow opportunities by veteran teams both before you begin your volunteer activities and ongoing.
- Visit opportunities that include Acute Care, Mental Health, Literacy in schools and libraries, Judicial, and others.
- One-time event opportunities that include visits at college destress events, conventions, educational events, and more.
- Quarterly Team Meetings featuring guest speakers who present relevant and topical information. These meetings also provide members the opportunity to discuss the successes and challenges of volunteer activities and other DPP business.
- E-newsletter “DPP Connections”.
- Continuing Education and workshops in collaboration with the University of Denver’s Institute for Human-Animal Connection and other professionals to enhance our individual skills and learn more about the populations we serve.
- Networking Opportunities: DPP’s membership is made up of individuals whose professional and personal backgrounds are quite diverse and interesting. It is likely you will find new friends and professional exposure through participation in DPP activities and with like-minded people.
Click here to become a member of Denver Pet Partners.